Friday, October 12, 2007

That I was meant for you and you for me...


Today we stayed put in camp(KOA on Mount Desert Island) because of torrential rains. I didn't like the idea of Joseph driving in this weather.Last night the wind blew so hard, you'd think it was a hurricane. My mom has always said she would like to have a tin roof to hear the rain at night. I can testify, no, not a good idea. It's so dang LOUD! You can't think because it so loud.

We had various activities to keep us busy. i.e. the wee man. Puzzles, stencils and trying to teach him Parcheesi. He also received (for good behavior) one of his favorite movies, Milo and Otis. I think most of his favorites are animals on a journey.

Oh, the rain and wind has started up again and it's 9pm. Tomorrow will be clear.

4 comments:

AnjiLew said...

We've got a tin roof down here...going through the hurricane was pretty much the loudest thing I've ever heard. I do think Grans was right, though; it's very calming, at least when its not a torrential downpour.
Tell little man that our cat jumped on the hammock with me the other day, much to my surprise. I've never met such a people cat!

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I also wanted to mention, if you drive down through the coast of Maine, to go to Camden too...rt 1...Camden, Rockland, Boothbay, Wiscassett, Freeport...

kristen said...

I love that you're doing this PG - this photo is brilliant. Safe travels friend. xo

JC said...

I hope you have received some good weather by now in return!