Monday, October 8, 2007

Ramble On

chairs missing

This is a picture of the chair we pulled out of the camper as soon as we found someone with the right tools. God bless America and the breaker-bar socket wrench.

I'm gradually transitioning to our new life although it has not been easy. It's difficult to leave my compulsive, detail oriented, perfectionist self behind. It was a weird contrast to be living in the woods, at the campground outside NYC right before we left, and traveling to the City to tie up some last minute things. I really felt out of sorts, but still wanted to be taken as a NYC-er. However seeing the people on the trains and on the street I just found myself asking whether it was even worth it.

On the day we left from Croton Point Park, we passed through the dead cities, gentrified towns, fake neighborhoods, and finally to the rural areas and farmlands. As "Saint Dominic's Preview" came on the radio, the sun was going down and we could smell fresh air, and apple trees. We were leaving something behind and if we get anything out of this project it will be to end up, where ever that might be, as different and improved people.

Rev. Jos

4 comments:

JC said...

It's going to be an adventure, that's for sure! Hope all is well with you all.

weddingproject-us said...

jc-the way everything happened so quickly, from one extreme to another still makes me wonder how we did it.

hollibobolli said...

I read all your posts from my cellphone in bed - I think you all are going to get so much out of this adventure. It may even be the best thing you've ever done in your life.

I'm going to post about your project on my side blogs.

weddingproject-us said...

holliholli-It's funny how conservative we re about everything now. I mean in reuse and that sort. Being green. we're that way already, but living in a camper you have o conserve your water and not run it. Thank you so much for your support!!