Thursday, October 11, 2007

Do you remember when, we used to sing...


The wi-fi has been terrible at the campground here in Belfast and our own connection has been spotty. No posts and no surfing for a couple of days.Maine Maine Maine!!! I knew for a very long time I would love it here. I'm not a big lobster girl (it has more to do more with Mr. Pinchy than anything else). I knew I would love this coast. Stepping has talked about the contrast from growing up on the west coast and now currently living in New England. For me, it's quite different from FLA too. I'm so used to smooth beaches and no rocks. This is all rock in Belfast. I adore it though. It's cold and rocky and has a nice sea smell. I could get used to this. Joseph hates the heat, and doesn't even like the beach, but this, this is different.

The sounds from the buoy in the harbor are reassuring. And my husband and son know how I have a seagull fear. Today I faced my fear and fed the gulls. What was so nice, these gulls weren't pushy so I don't think they knew I was giving them bread. They flew away from me while I threw bread and waited until I walked away. I'm sure they are used to getting scraps from the lobster boats, and were looking at me "Bread? Thanks lady."

On Tuesday it was sunny, Wednesday, not so much. The little man kept asking when the sun would come out. Not today we would say.

Right now we're in a library in Bar Harbor so we can look up campground sites and to make a post.

A re-cap of some things I have found out about myself in the past week:

It's not easy moving into an RV when you just sold a 2 story house. Joseph has said there is as much up keep for an RV just like a house. It's true, but a much smaller space. And then you have to readjust after moving driving on the roads. We are aliens in our house. Slowly we are learning the lingo.


I have serious mental problems when I try to read directions from Google and mapquest. I feel like a challenged individual. My old school way of looking at a map suits me well. Thank heavens we have a nice road atlas.

peace and love
p

4 comments:

Stepping Over the Junk said...

YAY! In Boothbay, ME there is a campsite.

weddingproject-us said...

stepping=Boothbay, I have to lok for this. So stepping do you know of any couples that want to get married or renew their vows on a boat?

JC said...

Maine looks wonderful! It's still hot as hell here.

weddingproject-us said...

jc-it is so chilly here. We have had a campfire almost every night. I could easily live here too. It's hot there? It was in the 80's our last day in NY and it was not a fun scene.