Monday, October 15, 2007

I see skies of blue, clouds of white...

We are back where we first began, in Vermont. We decided since we had no weddings planned we'd go back and explore Vermont after our holiday in Maine. Love the Vermont. Love it. Unfortunately we drove too long for 2 days. Saturday night we ended up staying at a Walmart (again) in New Hampshire.


Sunday was explore some cities day. Montpelier is the capitol and very lovely. As you can imagine there are quite a few tourists out taking photos of the leaf color changes in New England (Leaf Peepers). We went up to a small town close to Burlington. It was alright, but I expect great things from my future city and I can't see this town changing soon. Still, we thought we would drive in a neighborhood or two, just to check it out. As we drove past an elementary school there was a sign which read no trucks over 3 tons. Joseph said, "we're close to that," as he read my mind. We rounded the bend in the road there right in front of us was the oldest, most ricketiest wooden bridge I have ever seen in my entire life. Honestly it should have been for foot traffic only. No, I take that back. A cat walking across it would make it collapse. I should have taken a picture of it, but Joseph needed to back the humungo RV all the way down the street and around a corner. It was crazy. There were all of these cars coming.



I'll leave you with a photo of the Man in the Mountain mountain in New Hampshire. Notice the snow on top.

peace and love
p

3 comments:

kristen said...

did you go to portland while in maine? i've always been interested. i love old wooden bridges.

JC said...

Wow, the bridge sounds crazy! Good thing there was a sign.

I can see the beautiful fall colors in that photo. Very nice. Everything is still green here for the most part but a few leaves are starting to turn yellow.

weddingproject-us said...

kiki-no portland but bar harbor and bangor. bar harbor is amazing and I would go back and explore the islands. you can take whale and puffin tours.

jc-i laugh now when i think of that bridge. that day was terrible.

the colors are so lovely. somehow we have managed to see all the trees in full color on the trip. another couple i spoke to at the campground we're in now, said they missed the trees turning in maine. we were lucky. it's going to rain by the weekend and the leaves may be gone.