Saturday, October 6, 2007

Always look on the bright side of life...

"Remember what you have seen, because everything forgotten returns to the circling winds."
From a Navajo wind chant



For the past 2 nights we have been at a campground called Greenwood right outside Bennington, Vermont. It's lovely here. Did I not say I would fall in love with all the places we visit? If you are ever up this way I recommend a stay. You don't need an RV either, they have a lodge or you could pitch a tent.

Last night we sat outside and had dinner. As the sky turned dark I realized that what I was seeing overhead wasn't a cloud, but the Milky Way. I have never seen the Milky Way my entire life. The city lights have always been so bright where I have lived but here it's black. Jos and I tried telling our son all the constellations we knew. As we were searching, a shooting star went by and then another. I cried a little. I haven't seen a shooting star since I was a little girl. It was all so peaceful.

I'll leave you with a very funny stop along the way at a wood sculpture workshop.

peace and love
p

6 comments:

hollibobolli said...

Isn't it great to get out and see the stars? I'm glad you all are enjoying your time on the road - I can't believe it took me awhile to put your name and this link together with the whole plan... DUH!! Updating my links!!

And away you go!!!

kristen said...

This is going to be the most amazing adventure for you and your family. I've always wanted to spend time in VT, I'm so glad I have you to live vicariously through.

Great pics!

AnjiLew said...

Shooting stars are aplenty down here...guess bright lights aren't a problem in the third world. And speaking of, I'm buying my ticket for Malaysia today! With help from Mom and Dad, no less! (will call you soon)

Make sure you have M scrape the nutmeg onto something...hot cocoa or vanilla ice cream would be good. Mom's friend's kids thought that was the bee's knees.

weddingproject-us said...

holli-I love being able to see them and not just Orion and Venus. Not that I'm putting down Orion. Um, with a dog that eats anything, I think you have your hands full.

kiki-You have to go to Vermont and this time of year is ideal. It is so so lovely.

anji-shooting stars huh-ok I have to visit you. And I CANNOT believe you are going to malaysia!! I'm so happy for you.

JC said...

I love seeing the Milky Way. I can't see it here, but I can from my parents' house.

weddingproject-us said...

jc-maybe that should be a criteria for the next place we live. Must be able to see Milky Way.