Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Saved by Zero...

I read this A-Z meme on JC and Vedrana's blogs. It's a make up your own category A-Z. Ours is about what is current in our lives. Except the color ones. :)

A-Apple Tartlets. I just made them for the first time last night.
B-Blue. Blue is my favorite. Blue jeans, Blue Moons, Cerulean blue, Cobalt blue
C-Coachmen. I miss the 'ole girl.
D-Downtown. The past week we have walked everywhere. Lucky we have a cool downtown area.
E-Egg Nog. Our favorite thing to put in coffee at this time of year. Egg Nog light of course.
F-Feng Shui.Arranging what little furniture we have. Mostly it's about eliminating clutter.
G-Gordon Lightfoot, Gary Wright, Goldfrapp. Listening to lately
H-Hannaford. Local grocery store. We prefer Price Chopper. We like belligerent sounding stores. And it's scary because it looks like an axe cutting the flag. Very weird.
I-Incense. For general sense of peace and fighting garbage smell in hall.
J-Jury Duty summons. What Patti got in the mail after we moved.
K-Karma. Trying to teach our wee man about this.
L-Lorain, Ohio. Where the wedding will be next week with Rita.
M-Monty Python. I think we always watch the series when we live in apartments. Funny how that happens.
N-New England. Where we like being this winter.
O-The Onion. Catching up with it online. I used to get weekly in the city and miss it.
P-Painting. Surprisingly I have been painting windows. If I get paid I'm validated right?
Q-QWERTY. Trying to explain the computer keyboard to the wee man.
R-Rockwell Kent. Check out "A Northern Christmas" by him from the library.
S-Soups. It's the season of the soup. Chicken Barley, Butternut squash and potatoes, Red lentils and ginger.
T-Trim.The hardest part to paint in an apartment with 30 ft ceilings.
U-Under the Willow Tree. A children's book, again check it out at the library. The illustrations are super.
V-Video Camera. What we need to work on, our promo and skit videos. Is YouTube still around?
W-Wedding certificates, wedding pictures wedding outfits.
X-Xmas. This is Latin, people. I was always led to believe this was sacrilegious.
Y-Yellow. It used to be my favorite color as a child. I had a bright yellow room forever. One day I came home from school and my room was beige. I cried for a week. The next summer I was allowed to paint it yellow again. Thanks mom!
Z-Zero. Reading a book called "In Search of Captain Zero". One surfer who is looking for his friend who has dropped out of society in search of the perfect surfer oasis. It's kind of sort of like dear Hunter S., but not laugh out loud funny.

Anyone that wants to be tagged, you're tagged. Tell me if you do this because I like reading them too.

peace and love
p + j

9 comments:

JC said...

I'm glad you all did this!

I came this close to buying some light egg nog at Target last night. It will happen one day. I love the part about belligerent grocery stores. Ask Holli about the caveman grocery. I remember learning about "Xmas" too. My mom used to get really mad when she saw Xmas until she learned where it came from!

weddingproject-us said...

The nog is not a bad treat. Just don't start substituting egg nog or milk. Mmmmm...egg nog and cereal.
"Stew-arts"(where we get the nog) even has the gall to put a french toast recipe in the carton.

RedPita said...

Psst... it is Lorain.

I can not for the life of me remember what I was going to say here becasue I am now thinking of egg nog french toast and wondering quite intently how it would taste if I made it right now. I will get back to you on that.

RedPita said...

Pssst. I just spelled because wrong right after I corrected your spelling. The Grammar Karma Police do not play around, eh?

weddingproject-us said...

s'kay rita, you get a pass this time ;)

and i fixed the city typo...

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that about Xmas. I always find out a fact or three when I visit here. Start taking snaps of your little town - it sounds so lovely and intriguing to me.
This whole NaBloPoMo thing is a corker, I need to borrow this meme so I have something in the queue just in case.

weddingproject-us said...

kiki-You know I was just flipping through a New England Christmas book and found that little tidbit. Totally use this and I'll be happy when you do. I almost did mine based on the kitchen an cooking.

Vedrana M. said...

you made it, it's cool :)

weddingproject-us said...

vedrana-it was a great idea from you.