Thursday, November 29, 2007

Buffalo soldier in the heart of America

Here's a bit of a photo tale of the first 2 days of the trip.

When we left Bennington, it was snowy and slushy. Not the most ideal conditions. I was excited about our first wedding, but I was not looking forward to "camping out" in freezing temperatures. My mom was worried and I was too. I'm a weather fanatic. I know what it's like on the Great Lakes in late fall. I was prepared, though. Everyone had snow boots, coats and tons of clothes to layer. Sidd man the cat stayed home. I'm sure Emily would have loved to have stayed home too, but since she isn't a 9lb cat but a 50lb dog she was forced to tough it out with the rest of us. The great city of Buffalo was the halfway point we tried, and didn't quite make it to.

We pretty much stayed on I-90 all the way. Here is the fog on the first day. I took some really spooky shots of the fog in various ways. There were several fog mountains and some eerie fog fields. I love the fog fields.


Merrily we drive along...."hey mom what is wrong with this lion's teeth?" ahhhhhhhh! Nothing like having a giant book placed in front of your face without warning.


Next day the fog turned into rain. We were deciding whether or not to make a stop at Niagara Falls (we were so close), but the weather was terrible. I just wanted to get to Lorain.


Here we are one night, parked in, yes Walmart for the evening. I love how my son now treats me like the paparazzi. Next summer the inside gets painted. The wallpaper is horrible. And check out those green cushions. Bad I tell you.

7 comments:

kristen said...

those green cushions really are something. i love that last photo of your boy - total paparazzi style. and the photos of the foggy driving, love those.

paintergirlFLA said...

kiki-i know,right-those cushions.you should see the wallpaper. we would love to strip the whole thing and do a total redo. little by little. now it has pink antifreeze in her pipes.

Vajana said...

Richard Scarry rocks! My parents have a similar decorated RV but I love it, it has the early 80s orange tint rockin. Hope all is well, this is really fantastic and I wish you all the best. I wish I could convince someone to get married...

JC said...

Talk to the hand, yo.

The weather was dreary like that around here yesterday. Not nearly as cold though. Nice and sunny today!

paintergirlFLA said...

vajana-Scarry is great! I never knew about him until I got married. Thanks and please keep looking for people to get married.

jc-Yucky weather...I know I know. Now it's snowing like crazy. Welcome to New England. It's very Christmasy now.

Stepping Over the Junk said...

ahem. whenreyoucomin'myway??!!!!

weddingproject-us said...

stepping-soon soon. I want to have a little visit.