Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Look to the future now it’s only just begun


Emily’s spirits are high. She’s such a happy girl. Her idea of a good walk is if a complete stranger comes over to her and pets her. (This poses a problem for me sometimes.) One Sunday morning I had her on a walk, it was snowing and not many people were out. Emily spotted an older woman going into a bank ATM, and she made sure we walked over to the bank door and waited until the woman came out. I felt bad because I didn't want this woman to think we were going to rob her. The woman came out smiling and telling Emily she was a pretty girl. The woman laughed when I told her my dog wanted to say hi.

I’m not sure of resolutions this year. Mostly I try to eat better and get plenty of exercise. Oh and trying to always finish the books I have started. I did a pretty good job last year.

I found the article below in a wellness magazine and wanted to share. Peace and love and happy new year!
  1. Protect the earth for our children and future generations.
  2. Reduce your meat intake by 50 percent, to lessen deforestation for cattle grazing.
  3. Have one car free day a week.
  4. If you have children, try to work from home at least one day a week, so you can be with them more.
  5. Try to be mindful about how your consumption affects the earth and other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

5 comments:

Lilly said...

I like Emily although I've never met her. She totally rocks my socks! :-D

I love those new year's resolutions! Hear hear!

JC said...

I love that Emily goes out of her way to meet people!

Good luck with teh resolutions!

weddingproject-us said...

lilly-Emily is the best. She may not be extremely smart but she has a good heart.

And the resolutions, the publisher of the monk that wrote those 5 resolutions wrote to me. He wanted to tell me that carefree(a typo in the mag) was car free. Much better and appropriate. I thought it was nice he wrote.

jc-Emily thinks the world is out to see her and say hi to. Really. She has the best outlook. I should write an Emily resolution book.

I like these 5. They are more thoughtful.

Lilly said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be carefree every day